Saturday, May 19, 2012

GI's, Sleeping Ninjas, Birthday Cake!

This week has been... Eventful.

This past Monday, Nora had her first visit to Doernbecher Children's Hospital to take advantage of their Pediatric Gastroenterology department. Good news: as of now, we have no good reason to go back! The overall visit went well, we enjoyed the scenery, and came home.

Oh yeah, we got to see the Oscar Meyer WEENIE MOBILE! It was parked right outside of the hospital entrance as we left. As cheesy and childish as it seems, Daddy and I got a kick out of it. We've seen it drive through our town, but have never seen it parked. It's the small things in life, right?

I suppose that this week really hasn't been that eventful. It may just have felt super busy because of my lack of sleep. My apologies if there are incoherent sentences and ramblings that don't make sense. I do not function well with lack of sleep, haha...

Nora has decided to become a sleep-talking ninja. She hasn't felt too great; she's being treated for an ear infection (again) and also started a new medication for her GERD. It is hard to tell what exactly hasn't been feeling good to her at night, but I can tell you that Momma and Daddy are a little sleep deprived. Her eyes will be closed, she'll be either crying or chatting, and doing some crazy moves with those arms and legs. We do not generally co-sleep, but when we are this desperate for a little bit of low quality rest (hey, something is better than nothing!) it seems to be the only solution we can all agree on. Daddy and I get our low quality rest, and Nora can continue being a sleep-talking ninja. Come morning, our little night-ninja is happy as can be, and we are grumbling about magical fantasies of someone bringing us our morning coffee.

Our current goal is to get Nora back to sleeping through the night, in her own bed, without fighting us. To do this, we are changing what time of day she gets her new medicine (Prevacid has a less-common side effect of insomnia), and having patience. Wish us all luck! We could all use a good night's rest.

The last 2 days, however, have been pretty busy... I've been getting my baking on, making a tradition for my niece (She may not be my niece by blood, but blood does not make family). I've made her birthday cakes for each of her birthdays. Last year still counts, even though Vella's Momma and I cracked at a failed mission... Safeway saved our butts last year! Note to self: NO cake pops for Nora's birthdays. Unless someone else makes them :)

This year's theme was Minnie Mouse. Vella had her own little cake, and the rest of the guests got cupcakes. Cupcakes ended up pretty darn awesome... Vella's cake, however, was a different story! Short version: A remake was in order, and that remake was even more awesome than I intended. I am not very skilled at cake decorating, but I can wing it! When I have pictures to use at my disposal, I will share :)

The weekend officially starts today, as Daddy's work schedule changed to Tues-Sat. So off I go, to start a weekend of being a couch potato!

Peace out!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment