Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy Baby

One of the best moments of your life is seeing your child smile. And with my child, there is never a day that I don't have an awesome day. Trust me, my buttons are pushed over the limit some days, but the anger and frustration I may feel is easily melted away when this little booger smiles at me.


Her smile is contagious, too. You better believe it. Yesterday, as I was loading her into her stroller so we could go pick up my glasses (I don't think they make me smarter, but they make me feel smarter... does that count for something?), an older gentleman and what I will guess was his grandson stalked us through the parking lot. The man didn't speak a lick of English, but the language barrier seemed to disappear. It was obvious to me- the guy loves kids. Making faces and cooing doesn't require a specific language. This wasn't the first time someone of a different language admired this little girl.


Here in the last few days, Nora has surprised us, too. I've not seen such a proud face until she pulled herself up for the first time. So, not only is my baby growing too fast, she is getting into things much more easily. I took the opportunity while James was home for a long weekend to start baby proofing a little more. I know that experts will tell you to baby proof well before crawling begins, but I want to see what Nora's interests are. I've taken care of the obvious- cat box, plug ins, cabinets and drawers. No little things at her level that will hurt her. I believe in letting a child be curious, and I encourage it! She should be allowed to learn about the world around her. And trust me, she's learning! Fast! 


Where'd my itty bitty baby go? I sort of miss her... but this new model is quite fun too!





No comments:

Post a Comment