Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Takeoff!

I do not care who you are- having a baby is tiring. Especially when your baby decides to practice her new moves at the butt-crack of dawn, when normally she would be sleeping. I suppose Nora's practice has paid off...

WE HAD TAKEOFF.

Awesome Jenni was able to take a short video of Nora as she skuttled a few paces forward, and if we can figure out the technical glitch that just happened to rear its ugly head, you will all witness this amazing accomplishment of Nora's. And trust me, this is amazing. Her abdominal muscles are much more weak than the average baby's, and she is at risk for being developmentally behind.. physically, that is. Do not underestimate her mind! She's sharp as a tack!



But on to other news.

I warned you, there would be some things that may fall into the "other" category. This is one of those times.

If you are a returning reader, take notice to my much prettier blog. Again, thank you Awesome Jenni! (You know, you could show her how awesome she is by visiting her photography page.. *wink wink, nudge nudge* The link is to your left, you know you want to do it...)

I have added some features. You will find tabs at the top. A tab to bring you to my front page. A tab for you to get to know our little family. A tab that will let you watch Nora grow, and show off her accomplishments (this tab is still under construction, so check back from time to time! Leave me comments to get my butt in gear on finishing it!) You can also find a tab that gives information about gastroschisis straight from the CDC. Last but not least, a tab with information on a non-profit organization that has been a rock for me: Avery's Angels® Gastroschisis Foundation. I strongly urge you to check out their website. Because they offered me valuable support during my pregnancy, I decided to give back. I am a volunteer for them now, and while it can be hard seeing so many other families experience so many paths of gastroschisis, it feels good to try and helps others as I have been helped. A simple "I hear you, I see you, you are not alone" can be so invaluable... It is hard to describe it. You have to have been in a situation in your life where those words have been what kept you steady for one more day.

Anyhow, as my blog transforms into what I have envisioned it to be, you will find more things to look at. This is a work in progress. Much like my life is a work in progress, haha...

Stay gold, Ponyboy... Stay gold.
(Name that reference, and I'll give you a virtual cookie. But you have to comment in order to receive... and maybe I should suggest that you follow my blog? Oh? Would that work for you? Because it sure works for me.)




3 comments:

  1. YAY NORA!!! Auntie Mel is so very happy!

    Nothing Green is Gold... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love "The Outsiders"!!! (Very impressed with your Blog too ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing video! One to treasure forever! Way to go Nora!! Sad that someone already beat me to referencing The Outsiders...it was my favorite! One of the few books in school we were required to read that I actually read...I even have the movie on DVD! :) Has a great cast!

    ReplyDelete